Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 9, 2012

One Teacher’s Opinion on Common Core – Be Wise in the Sniffing. « Continuing Change

One Teacher’s Opinion on Common Core – Be Wise in the Sniffing. « Continuing Change:


One Teacher’s Opinion on Common Core – Be Wise in the Sniffing.

My comment on Diane Ravitch’s blog today. Diane writes,
“In these times of austerity, I wonder how much money districts and states have available to implement the standards faithfully. I wonder how much money they will put into professional development. I wonder about the quality of the two new assessments that the U.S. Department of Education laid out $350 million for.
These are things I wonder. But how can I possibly pass judgment until I find out how the standards work in real classrooms with real children and real teachers?”http://dianeravitch.net/2012/07/09/my-view-of-the-common-core-standards/#comment-8220
There are many people commenting below her blog. I added the following response: 
.
As a teacher, this is what I see. Here in FL, we had Sunshine State Standards. Then, they rewrote