Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Just Let Me Sip My Coffee in Peace, Will ya… Another ‘Unabashed’ Cheerleader for My Union Awakes. Thanks, Fred. « Continuing Change

Just Let Me Sip My Coffee in Peace, Will ya… Another ‘Unabashed’ Cheerleader for My Union Awakes. Thanks, Fred. « Continuing Change:


Just Let Me Sip My Coffee in Peace, Will ya… Another ‘Unabashed’ Cheerleader for My Union Awakes. Thanks, Fred.

My comment on Fred Klosky’s blog: Saturday coffee.
Fred writes, 
“Let me answer the charge that I am a cheerleader for the NEA. It is true.
This is precisely what I tell the union leadership. I am an unabashed cheerleader for my union. “Unabashed.” Without regret or embarrassment.”
Immediately, the comments started below the blog. I wrote this response to one:
@ChalkFace – in your original blog, that Fred linked above, you write: “I really don’t know what else to say at this point. I suppose we can’t expect anything from anyone during an election year, that’s the lesson. But all I know is that there are still children and communities suffering out there and, from an outsider, all I saw the NEA doing was sitting on their asses and passing resolutions. Very quaint, oh so democratic, and weak.”
I am floored. Really.
OK… so I will admit, like Fred, I am an unabashed cheerleader for our union. Unlike Fred, I have only