Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's a Far Cry.southbronxschool.com

http://www.southbronxschool.com:


It's a Far Cry

This will be an interesting blog post, at least in my opinion, so please, be patient and read fully. At the end, you will have an "a-hah" moment.

Today is Geddy Lee's (of Rush) 59th birthday. I made a special morning of it. A cup of coffee, a cupcake with a candle (hoping this time Geddy would stop by) and popping in Rush's latest concert film, "Time Machine 2011: Live In Cleveland." When I got to the last song (before the encore), my mind started to wonder.

Far Cry is off 2007's Snakes and Arrows CD. It was the first single released, and even then when I first heard it, and subsequently live, that summer, I always felt the lyrics are a good allegory, metaphor for what is