Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: This is LEV's Example of Good Pro-Charter Opinion?

Seattle Schools Community Forum: This is LEV's Example of Good Pro-Charter Opinion?:


This is LEV's Example of Good Pro-Charter Opinion?

I always like to hear what's going on at educational advocacy groups around our city and state so I check in at LEV's blog (which is a very quiet blog in terms of comments).

There was notice that the charter schools bill has been assigned a number - 1240 - and here is the text.
(I'll check but I believe that means it is now at the Attorney General's office to be assigned a name.  Given that Rob McKenna is AG and favors charters, I would assume this will get a fast turnaround.)

There is also a link to a pro-charter opinion.  It's not exactly the most calm and thoughtful piece I have ever read.  You know when someone starts out saying they would like to kill people (literally) over an political opinion that it's not going to go well.  Unfortunately, the writer has linked it with abortion rights(?!) and it doesn't work.

Honestly, if this is the opinion that LEV is supporting/using to get charter schools in our state, I am fairly appalled.  (I know the opinion writer was certainly using a lot of inflamed rhetoric to get his point across but it's over the top.  That LEV thought it worth posting, hmm.)