Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A visit to the Governor’s Office. « Fred Klonsky

A visit to the Governor’s Office. « Fred Klonsky:


A visit to the Governor’s Office.

In preparation for our IEA Region’s occupation of Springfield, I had called ahead last week to Governor Quinn’s office.
Quinn didn’t answer the phone.
Instead I had a nice talk with a Dona Dalton, one of the Governor’s people.
I explained that a group of 60 teachers, both active and retired, would be in Springfield on May 2nd. I told Dona that we were planning to come by the Governor’s office at 1PM to share with him our thoughts about his proposals to destroy the teacher pension system as we know it.
I didn’t exactly put it in those words. But you get the idea.
It’s a four hour bus ride from the Golf Mill shopping center where the bus picked us up. Four hours back. But we