Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 3, 2012

It’s Just Me. « Diane Ravitch's blog

It’s Just Me. « Diane Ravitch's blog:


It’s Just Me.

I just answered a question from a reader. He/she wondered if it was really me writing this blog. He/she wondered if there would be a little line somewhere saying that I was funded by some foundation.
I answered the question but thought it was a good idea to answer it in a blog.
It is just me. Or, to be grammatically correct, it is I. And I alone.
No one writes for me, and I am not funded by any foundation.
I write every word of my articles, I write every word of my blogs. I write every word of my tweets.
I know that most if not all of the other voices in the national debate have a staff. Some have a large staff. Some have a “social media” person who writes their tweets and interacts with the public for them.
Last summer, when I debated Wendy Kopp at the Aspen Ideas Festival, I found myself in a three-way