Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 25, 2012

School Tech Connect: What About Dick?

School Tech Connect: What About Dick?:


What About Dick?

So, after this is over--- after they pass the court-bound pension reductions, what happens to Dick Ingram? Does he stay on? I'm just sitting here in Rogers Park, so what do I know, but here's what it looks like to me.

The Speaker of the House wants to create an auditor to over-rule the director's state cost certifications.

The same Speaker wants to change the makeup of the TRS Board so that it's "50/50," which is all about reducing any advocacy for the pensions that the Board can provide.

The TRS Board of which I speak has thrown off any number of signals that they feel burned by the director.

The director himself would not win 5% of a confidence vote of the members.

I'm guessing he'll have a soft landing somewhere. And by soft landing, I mean fabulously lucrative next thing.

What's your take?