Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, May 5, 2012

School Tech Connect: Married To The Ed Reform Mob

School Tech Connect: Married To The Ed Reform Mob:


Married To The Ed Reform Mob

I'm nowhere near gifted enough with language to describe the abject expression on the face of Daniel Biss today when I magically appeared at his fundraiser at Senator Heather Steans' house in Andersonville.  I snapped this photo shortly after he recovered,  but you can still detect a bit of wtf on his face.
Rep. Daniel Biss and clearly mortified colleague
I asked him if he wanted to take a few questions on film and he said, "No, thanks."

Biss was having a bit of a fundraiser at the northside home of Senator Heather Steans, for whom I have voted in the past. It was a typical quiet funding event, not on anyone's calendar and not for public consumption, clearly. I stood out front like a stalker and snapped pictures of people until even I realized how creepy that was. I had lovely interactions with Senator Steans' husband, who was evidently doing a mental health check (mine), and from the mayor's guy, who asked me, "Sun-Times or Tribune?" several times until the word "freelancer" finally