Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother Crusader: Cerf's Hostile Takeover Of Public Ed; Charter Regulations Edition

Mother Crusader: Cerf's Hostile Takeover Of Public Ed; Charter Regulations Edition:


Cerf's Hostile Takeover Of Public Ed; Charter Regulations Edition

You wouldn't think a suburban mom would take changes to charter school regulations personally.  But I am.  I really am.  


There are some big changes here, and I will continue to outline them in the coming days and weeks.  


But you know what?  The NJDOE has been operating as if many of these changes are already in effect.  I have caught them not adhering to the existing regulations on more than one occasion, and I have spent countless hours of my life not only catching them, but holding them accountable.  


So now they are going to just go ahead and officially make the changes to the regulations they haven't been following in the first place?


Fabulous.  Just fabulous.


Allow me to illustrate.  


Illustration Number One - Tikun Olam


When I was going through the third Tikun Olam application with a fine tooth comb, I figured out that the three