Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It may be May Day, but I’ve got kids to teach. « Fred Klonsky

It may be May Day, but I’ve got kids to teach. « Fred Klonsky:


It may be May Day, but I’ve got kids to teach.

Millions of workers will take to the streets today.
Shops and factories will be closed.
I could have used a personal day. I think I have one left.
The contract requires that I use a personal day only for business that I could not take care of during the normal working day.
I think May Day qualifies.
But I’ve got kids to teach.
I only have a month left, and I’m trying to get the fourth grade paper mâché project done. It is taking longer than I


The in box. Chicago Machine squeezes out a victory. Guzzardi looks ahead.

From Will Guzzardi:
As you know, we’ve spent the last several weeks gathering information about the March 20th primary election through the discovery recount process. We’ve learned a lot more about what happened on Election Day, and have followed up on concerns from poll-watchers and voters across the district.
Yesterday at 5:00 p.m. was the deadline to file a challenge to the results of the March 20th primary in Circuit Court. While we found some evidence of inconsistencies on Election Day, our attorney has indicated that it is probably not enough to sustain a formal legal complaint in court.
As such, I am formally conceding the election. I’d like to congratulate Representative Berrios, and