Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 8, 2012

When Keeping It Real Goes Awry | The Jose Vilson

When Keeping It Real Goes Awry | The Jose Vilson:


When Keeping It Real Goes Awry

Mitch Mitchell recently asked me on my 900th post:
Just asking, but what’s stopped you from publishing posts you said you’ve written and held back on? How many posts would you be up to if you hadn’t done that?
I honestly don’t know. I tend to have three general guidelines that keep me in my lane: don’t venture too much into love, don’t discuss my principal or any administrators within my school except to set up a story that has nothing to do with them, and don’t talk about sex except if it’s a general lesson where I don’t have to go into my own sexual relations. I would love to tell you why. Actually, that’s what I’m going to do.
I don’t talk about any of those three on this forum because people read this blog. At first, I thought I would just plow on without a second thought about people’s feelings, but after a while, I got pissed off that I couldn’t just be honest about these topics without getting into a face-to-face discussion about any of these three. The problem