Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Guest Blog by Emma Rosloff: My Experience with Unschooling (Abbreviated) | Lefty Parent

Guest Blog by Emma Rosloff: My Experience with Unschooling (Abbreviated) | Lefty Parent:


Guest Blog by Emma Rosloff: My Experience with Unschooling (Abbreviated)

This is the first time I’ve published a piece by a “guest” blogger, which in this case happens to be my daughter Emma! She published her piece initially on the Daily KOS progressive political blog site (click here to link to it), and got a large number of views, recommends and comments, plus a “Community Spotlight” acknowledgement. I’ve posted it below in its entirety, along with some follow-up replies she made to comments she received…

My father turned me on to an article in Psychology Today about a woman named Kate Fridkis and her unschooling experience. After reading it and realizing how much her experience mirrored my own, I was compelled to comment, and encouraged (by my father) to blog about my experiences,