Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 2, 2012

School Tech Connect: Just Say No (Thanks)

School Tech Connect: Just Say No (Thanks):

Just Say No (Thanks)

.
My desk is empty today. I'm here at home. The teachers are having an institute day, and I'm no longer a teacher, I'm a tech guy, so I'm here at home. Some day I'll write about this new point of view that I have, but not today.

I was reading Fred's story about the thrill of working in an "honor school," as opposed to a "shame school," or whatever. Go read it. You become an honor school when your principal accepts a piece of paper that the board's secretary (probably the superintendent's secretary) had to create and then figure out how to make work in the printer. It's all very motivating I'm sure.

I've been shouted down for this idea in the past, but that's not going to stop me from promoting it again -- I think