Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A former Teach for America, Inc. recruit speaks up | Seattle Education

A former Teach for America, Inc. recruit speaks up | Seattle Education:


A former Teach for America, Inc. recruit speaks up

Maybe we can get our school board members to watch this video before they vote on continuing our contract with Teach for America, Inc.
In Mr. Bilby’s words:
My name is John Bilby and I was a TFA teacher in the New York region from September 2009 until March 2010. I left the organization because I felt that it does not adequately prepare its people to serve the poorest children in public schools. I also think that TFA is more interested in power, access, and influence in the federal game of education than it is concerned with resolving educational inequity. Its “corps members” are merely a means to