Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rebuttal to the Austin ISD critique of my study on IDEA Charter Schools « A "Fuller" Look at Education Issues

Rebuttal to the Austin ISD critique of my study on IDEA Charter Schools « A "Fuller" Look at Education Issues:

Rebuttal to the Austin ISD critique of my study on IDEA Charter Schools

This post includes the information in my rebuttal to the Austin ISD critique of my study of the IDEA charter school system. The Statesman story can be found here:

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/austin-school-district-says-critical-idea-study-doesnt-2085799.html

Let me be clear: The students who enter and remain in IDEA Charter Schools perform quite well at the secondary level. At the elementary level, performance is above average in reading and slightly below average in math. They send most or all of the students graduating from the high schools to some form of post-secondary education. They should be commended for that. The positive aspects of IDEA were communicated to the AISD