Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Daily Kos: something that enables all of us to have the opportunity to flourish

Daily Kos: something that enables all of us to have the opportunity to flourish:

something that enables all of us to have the opportunity to flourish

It's another Saturday morning. I could write about a very good column by Charles Blow, The G.O.P.’s ‘Black People’ Platform, but although I find it highly worth sharing do not feel drawn to engage with it sufficiently: my mind recognizes its cogency but it does not connect with my heart.

I also need to finish and post my review of the latest book by Thomas Franks, Pity the Billionare: The Hard-Times Swindle and the Unlikely Comeback of the Right - it is now officially released and other reviews are becoming available. Yet it too does not at this moment engage my inner being, even as I recognize it as an important analysis, one of which people here should be aware.

Perhaps it is because it is Saturday morning, a time when it is normal for me to take time to reflect with more than mind.

My thoughts today are personal - they are my thoughts. They are also political, or if you prefer, derived my sense of civic responsibility.

As I begin, I know only how I will start. Thus if you choose to continue reading, know that you will be traveling with