Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Washington State PTSA and Charter Schools

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Washington State PTSA and Charter Schools:

Washington State PTSA and Charter Schools

A couple of months back, I received a call from Heidi Bennett, the Region 6 Legislative Chair for the PTSA. She asked me to participate on a panel about charter schools and Washington State. I have known Heidi for a long time as someone who cares deeply about public education so I told her I would be glad to participate. I also told her I had been writing a series on charter issues for the blog and felt reasonably well-informed.

I told her it was vital to any discussion to have a basic foundation of knowledge or else people would be confusing each other coming from incorrect information. It does it all no good to advocate pro or con if we don't know the basics.

I also know Ramona Hattendorf who is the Government Relations Coordinator for the Washington State PTSA.