Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Daily Kos: TFA: BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

Daily Kos: TFA: BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE:

TFA: BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

TFA = Teach for America. The title of this post is borrowed from this piece from my good friend David Greene, who has mentored Teach for America recruits for a number of years.

I think it is one of the most important things for understanding the problems with Teach for America. Thus I asked Dave for permission to cross-post it here, which he willingly gave.

Everything else below the ------ line are words from Dave, which is why I have blockquoted them.

I think his words need to be widely distributed, which is why I am not only cross-posting here, but urging you to share, either through this diary or directly from the link for his blog. Thanks in advance for all that you do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the past three and a half years, I have worked very closely with 19 first and second year