Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday coffee + Old school « Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky:

Saturday coffee.

Today my oldest daughter turns 40.

Happy birthday, Jessica.

There are certain moments in a life that have a major impact on the psyche. Turning sixteen when I got my first driver’s license. Twenty-one when I wanted the guy at the liquor store to card me. Twenty-five years of sharing my life with Anne. Do we start counting when we moved in together or when we officially got married? We change our minds about that. Turning 30, of course. And today, when my oldest child turns 40.

It’s not bad. In fact, it is very much worth celebrating. It is just amazing how fast it seemed to have happened.

The coming week is a killer. Two twelve-hour work days that involve evening parent conferences. Our monthly union meeting Monday after school followed by a board meeting Monday night that a bunch of teachers are


Old school.