Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 2, 2011

SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Little Evan Stone The Puppet Master Of Jarell Lee

SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Little Evan Stone The Puppet Master Of Jarell Lee:

Little Evan Stone The Puppet Master Of Jarell Lee

The summer I was 12 years old, back in 1976, I got incredibly into comic books at sleep away camp. When I returned from camp, my passion continued. The new comic books, which back then were only a quarter, came out every Saturday and Tuesday. I looked forward to these two days and the mile long walk I had to the local Big Top to pick up my comic books. In fact my passion for comic books exceeded, though temporarily, the one I had for New York Yankees. I vividly recall walking to Big Top during game 1 of the 1976 World Series vs the Reds. Look it up, game 1 was a Saturday. Unfortunately, when the comic books went up to 30 cents, my interest waned. No longer would I be able to buy 4 for a dollar.

I thought I would never again in my life will I anticipate any