Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 2, 2011

“No” does not mean “NO”, and I am snarky… « Cooperative Catalyst

“No” does not mean “NO”, and I am snarky… « Cooperative Catalyst:

“No” does not mean “NO”, and I am snarky…

I was recently advised that “no” does not mean “NO”, and that I am “snarky”.

I re-learned the meaning of “no” through The Bartleby Project . I support the effort to “Just Say No” to the test and so I added my head to that project’s count. I even added my two cents-worth of thought… Oops!

Saying “No” is very well and good so long as one does not refuse to do the thing that first gave rise to the urge to say “No”. Apparently, one can only say “No” while “doing” “Yes”. Lesson learned – “No” means “NO” except when it means “maybe”, “sort of”, or “YES”.

On a social networking service, I found a page about “opting out” of high-stakes testing and thought that