Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 12, 2011

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Ready, Set, Go…

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Ready, Set, Go…:

Ready, Set, Go…

I am through the first week of school, and just like the end of a really hard bike ride, or hike, I’m exhausted, and sore all-over. But…there is a big smile on my face.

This was the week where I would finally meet my students and all my plans and preparation would come to fruition. I was very curious about what my new students would be like. There like most of the kids I’ve taught in that they are energetic, easily distracted, curious, and chatty. What’s missing is not the ADD and ADHD kids, but the defiant ones. This is not surprising, as most of my defiant students were that way for a reason. In about every case it had to do with what adults were doing and not doing in their lives, and not what they had done. As