Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Education as Colonization and Commodification Processes « Cooperative Catalyst

Education as Colonization and Commodification Processes « Cooperative Catalyst:

Education as Colonization and Commodification Processes

You and I may use the same language and media for communicating and yet still not understand one another. This concept was driven home last year when I reconnected with a gentleman I graduated from law school with twenty years earlier. Why I contacted him is not as important as my letting you know that both of us agreed that he and I were never “supposed” to have attended law school.

When students enter the fifth grade, they have certainly figured a few things out on their own, and notwithstanding the information they previously received know something is awry. Some will “adjust” and perform with the excellence adults wish for them. Most will make their education passage in modest silence and