Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Responding to Jason Glass | Truth in American Education

Responding to Jason Glass | Truth in American Education

Responding to Jason Glass

imageI would be remiss to not continue with a (online) debate I’m currently having with Jason Glass who is the Director of the Iowa Department of Education. I had to set it aside last week to focus on straw poll activities, but now I wanted to pick it back up. I critiqued a speech he gave to the School Administrators of Iowa Conference, and he responded in kind with snarky post titled, “Caffeinated Conspiracy Theories.”

Ah yes, conspiracy theories. He wrote:

Let’s first set the record straight about the Iowa Core and the Common Core. I don’t expect Shane and I to ever see eye to eye on this and that’s ok – in this