Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, July 9, 2011

School Tech Connect: Scrub-a-Dub-Dub

School Tech Connect: Scrub-a-Dub-Dub

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub

So, I've got some time to kill here. I'm busy capturing the Stand For Children video over at Education Nation, of all places. Fred discovered that Aspen Ideas has scrubbed the page, which makes me think that Aspen also needs to scrub "Ideas" from its name and replace it with "Bullshit." If they don't re-post it, I think it's fair to say that they're a corrupt organization and should be boycotted by all honest people in the future. If they do re-post it, then, well..





Mike spread the word that it's also posted here, so I'm filming it from that site before it also gets scrubbed there. NBC News has a journalism vs. serve-your-master choice to make regarding the video; we'll just see what they do. In any event, we'll have the video on our own. I don't blame Edelman for having it scrubbed; he basically



More On Edelman

I'd like to point out that not only does Audrey Soglin get hung out to dry in the Edelman video at Aspen--and I frankly don't see any way out for her-- but others get publicly identified either as fools or crooks. Poor Karen Lewis, for one. Edelman pushes her into a corner, but I think she'll survive somehow. And by the way, she's governance; her people will either ratify her work or not. She's not an employee, if you see what I mean.

The other person treated with derision by both Crown and Edelman is Speaker Madigan, who is clearly seen as being available to the highest bidder, which of course, he is. Edelman's whole shpiel rests on the idea that when the IFT backed away from Madigan, a door opened because Madigan's for sale, and Stand For Children moved