Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, July 7, 2011

NYC Public School Parents: My "Klout" and how it went up even more, yesterday; how should I use it?

NYC Public School Parents: My "Klout" and how it went up even more, yesterday; how should I use it?

My "Klout" and how it went up even more, yesterday; how should I use it?


To my shock and surprise, as of late June, I was 11th on the list of most influential education policy tweeters in the country, ahead of the NEA & Randi Weingarten, according to Mike Petrilli at the journal EducationNext. (see list to the right.)
This is measured according to something called “Klout” which analyzes “more than 35 variables on Facebook and Twitter to measure True Reach, Amplification Probability, and Network Score” (whatever that means.)
Though the list had my Klout at 59, today it is "steady" at 64; which I suppose is a result of the article. That puts me on a par with Michelle Rhee (if her score did not go up.) And guess what? Michelle Rhee started following me yesterday, among several others on the list.
Diane Ravitch is #1 of course, as she should be. Apparently Petrilli left out some other prominent tweeters with