Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, July 7, 2011

NYC Educator: His Area of Expertise

NYC Educator: His Area of Expertise

His Area of Expertise

Joel Klein, who blithely observed scandal upon scandal for Mayor Bloomberg, has been tapped by Rupert Murdoch to oversee his own scandal. It's about time we saw Klein utilized for something he actually knows about. Wasn't it Klein who rationalized when his no-bid contracts resulted in children freezing on street corners, while waiting for buses that never came? And didn't Klein tirelessly plug the achievements on state tests that proved to be nothing whatsoever after revelations in 2010 that they'd been dumbed down?

Joel Klein brought accountability to students, making sure they could pass tests before graduation. Diane Senechal took one of these tests, marked A, B, C, D in a pattern without reading the answers, and passed

Guilty Pleasures

This summer is very odd for me, in that I've actually got more time than I know what to do with. I turned on the History Channel, which I never do, and came across this very cool show called, of all things, Pawn Stars. Then I found three seasons of it on Netflix, and I've watched maybe eight episodes.