Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 8, 2011

How Educator's Dress for Work: Perception is Everything - The Educator's PLN

How Educator's Dress for Work: Perception is Everything - The Educator's PLN
Bill Burkhead

How Educator's Dress for Work: Perception is Everything

Educators-Dress to Impress

"In all professions each affects a look and an exterior to appear what he wishes the world to believe that he is."
It is my personal opinion that educators are professionals, who should dress "professionally" at school. I was inspired to write this blog post today because of the passionate responses I received from one of my tweets. The tweet "If we (educators) want to be respected as professionals, we should dress to impress, Jeans & polo shirt vs. shirt & tie: no brainer" received immediate response and follow up discussions. The debate centered on the correlation between professional teacher dress and "professionalism."


Core Values:


My beliefs & values pertaining to professional dress are deep rooted. As a head coach it was important to me that my assistant coaches understood that they were a reflection of our team, our school and our community. We dressed
;
continue reading
How Educator's Dress for Work: Perception is Everything - The Educator's PLN