Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 18, 2011

Daily Kos: Why they're marching - Jonathan Kozol

Daily Kos: Why they're marching - Jonathan Kozol

Why they're marching - Jonathan Kozol

this is the first in a series of diaries about the Save Our Schools March and National Call to Action that I will be posting in the runup to the the March itself on July 20

Jonathan Kozol is a distinguished author and educator. In this blog post by Anthony Cody, he participates in a conversation you ALL should read. Let me offer this to whet your appetite. Anthony asks "Why have you decided to participate in the Save Our Schools March on July 30th?". Here is Kozol's answer:

-I'll be in Washington for S.O.S. because I'm sick of begging members of the Senate, even those among them who have been my friends for years, to move two inches in the right direction. I'm tired of complaining. And I'm too old to bite my tongue and mute my words out of politeness and respectfulness for politicians who tell me in private that they share my views about the practices and policies that demean our teachers and threaten the survival of our public schools, but then