Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 25, 2011

What I Do « Cooperative Catalyst

What I Do « Cooperative Catalyst

What I Do

From what I have gathered, most of the educators here are in K-12. The others are tech people or consultants who work with K-12 schools. I am neither.

I started my career in youth development, leading after-school and summer programs. Now, I am a family life educator who specializes in digital and social media. What is family life education? What does a family life educator do? I didn’t know myself until I took a course on the subject in completing my second bachelor’s in Child and Family Studies.

Family life education is an informative, educational approach to assisting individuals in living authentic and productive lives. Utilizing a family systems perspective, most family life educational programming takes place in a classroom-style kind of setting and can even be provided through educational materials, such as books,