Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 3, 2011

I wan’t going to do another pension post. Then Swanson spoke. « Fred Klonsky's blog

I wan’t going to do another pension post. Then Swanson spoke. « Fred Klonsky's blog

I wan’t going to do another pension post. Then Swanson spoke.

Will new IEA President Cinda Klickna sell us out on pensions too? Is sitting at the table all these people want?

I thought I would give the whole pension issue a rest today.

But then Ken Swanson met with the Chicago Sun-Times.

Illinois Education Association President Ken Swanson told us this week that he’s willing to look at “increasing the [employee] contribution in some reasonable way,” but he also said any discussion must start with financial data on the pension systems that is produced by an independent source — and not the Civic Committee.

I was flooded with emails this morning by teachers who read this. Outraged.

But I’m not surprised.

I hate to say, “I told you so.” But I did.

I warned that the pension robbing bill of Cross, Madigan and Ty Fahner of the Civic Committe (and who is kidding