Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 6, 2011

THE PERIMETER PRIMATE: CNN on press suppression in Turkey, Fethullah Gulen, and the Gulen movement

THE PERIMETER PRIMATE: CNN on press suppression in Turkey, Fethullah Gulen, and the Gulen movement

CNN on press suppression in Turkey, Fethullah Gulen, and the Gulen movement

If you follow this blog or my Charter School Scandals blog, you are aware that, for nearly one year, I have been trying to get the word out about the 118+ charter schools being clandestinely operated by members of a foreign, religious movement out of Turkey (the Gulen movement). More schools are opening every year.

I innocently stumbled across this situation when I started researching news stories about problems at charter schools in mid-May 2010 and an unusual story about a charter school in Utah caught my eye. That story lead me to another one about concerns with a charter school in Arizona. A couple of other things I knew about clicked and the whole thing began to unfold.

Since that time, I’ve developed three pages on Charter School Scandals with information about Gulen charter schools and the Gulen movement (HERE, HERE, and HERE). There's even more information packed into the