Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Daily Kos: Random thoughts

Daily Kos: Random thoughts

Random thoughts

as I have watched events and responses to them over the past few days.

I have mixed feelings about bin Laden being killed rather than captured - if he did not have a weapon I have a hard time believing that he could not have been overwhelmed by Navy Seals. On the other hand, I agree with not releasing the pictures. At some point our desire for revenge and gloating needs to stop.

I understand the outburst from the American people that the issue of Osama bin Laden was over. The spontaneity of the responses makes it clear that many of the American people needed some sense of closure.

I think the President and the administration did a reasonably good job in this, but did not handle the aftermath as well - there was too much "fog of war" and contradictory statements. In this there really needed to be clarity.

But there are other things on