Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 11, 2011

Common Core Confusion « InterACT

Common Core Confusion « InterACT

Common Core Confusion

Last Friday I was writing about my good mood as the week ended. Seven days later, I’m sorting through some confusion, and wondering how many other teachers out there are feeling it too.

one wayThe Common Core Standards are coming! They’ve been in the news quite a bit this week, and I must admit I’m finding the debates and the process are leaving me uncertain about the future. In this post, I look at the issues rather broadly, expressing more than a little doubt about what’s going on. (In Part Two, coming soon, I plan to look more closely at a related discussion on the Core Knowledge Blog, and dig into some of the statements made at this week’s meeting of the California State