Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 7, 2010

School Tech Connect: How Did I Miss This Book?

School Tech Connect: How Did I Miss This Book?

How Did I Miss This Book?

What could possibly go wrong?
"In the meantime, the U.S. has been trying hard to implement what China has been trying to be rid of. An increasing number of states and the federal government have begun to dictate what students should learn, when they should learn it, and






We're A Mean, Mean Country

Is there anything more emblematic of the kind of nation we're becoming than this nonstop drumbeat forvengeance layoffs? There's this whole army of people out there that want to use the recession to fire veteran teachers. They're under the impression that there's this horrifically lazy, ineffective veteran teaching force out there that should just be let go based on some formula for determining effectiveness.

The sky-is-falling people have whipped up such animosity toward teachers that this concept is actually received in civilized company.

I was RIFFed twice in my career, and the first time in particular I thought that I was surely a better teacher