Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 11, 2010

School Tech Connect: RSS Mavens, Where Are You?

School Tech Connect: RSS Mavens, Where Are You?

RSS Mavens, Where Are You?

If I were any good at conversations about tools, which I'm not, I would assert that RSS is a more useful tool than Twitter. But then, that would be a silly conversation. I do love my RSS feeds, though--I like having them on the front page of my blog. It gives me impetus to interact with other writers. I see a new post; I go read it, maybe comment; then I come back home here and bounce off of it in a post. I like to read other people's RSS widgets, too. I go over to Big Education Ape all the time and just skim through the clips. It's very useful.

The weird thing is that I really don't understand RSS and have trouble explaining it completely. For example, on this blog, I clearly know how to pull in a bunch of different feeds, but some feeds are just a mystery to me. TakeRainbow Push, for example. They apparently burn a feed: