Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

BP destroys lives. Congress protects it from liability. � Fred Klonsky's blog

BP destroys lives. Congress protects it from liability. � Fred Klonsky's blog

BP destroys lives. Congress protects it from liability.


“My name is Diane Wilson. I am a fourth generation shrimper from the Gulf. With this BP disaster, I am seeing the destruction of my community and I am outraged. I am also seeing elected representatives like Senator Lisa Murkowski blocking BP from being legally responsible to pay for this catastrophe. She stopped the Big Oil Bailout Prevention Act and wants to keep the liability cap at a pitiful $75 million. This is outrageous. How dare she side with big oil over the American people who have been so devastated by this manmade disaster.”

For four generations, Diane Wilson‘s family has shrimped the Gulf coast. At a Senate Energy Committee hearing