Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 5, 2010

URGENT:: Oak Ridge Elementary School � jimae

URGENT:: Oak Ridge Elementary School � jimae

URGENT:: Oak Ridge Elementary School

Dear friends and family,
I haven’t yet had a chance to divulge just how much Oak Ridge Elementary School means to both my husband and I, but I will do so shortly. I want to introduce you to more of our beliefs with Equal Start and Be Change in a new post soon, and share my experiences with my sweet sixth grader, Julieanna. For today, as it is incredibly urgent, please take a moment to read this message from my good friend, Jason Haper. Nick and I will be at the meeting Monday night (cameras in hand …) – if you can join us, I promise you – you will not regret it!
Thank you for taking the time to support the families of Oak Park, and the plight of our inner-city children.

So much love,
Jimae

ALL EQUAL START AND BE CHANGE SUPPORTERS
A message from Equal Start’s Jason Harper

URGENT: UPDATE ON OAK RIDGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IN OAK PARK

WE NEED YOUR VOICE OF INFLUENCE
Consider the inner-city child as your child. This injustice can’t be ignored. Recently, the Department of Education released a list of the lowest performing schools in California. None were surprised that Oak Ridge was on that list.

In 2005, “Low Performing” was the barometer that led former Sacramento City Board Member Rick Jennings to