Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 12, 2010

PALI Charter Parent Writes Us...(Read The Letter) - Perdaily.com

PALI Charter Parent Writes Us...(Read The Letter) - Perdaily.com

PALI Charter Parent Writes Us...(Read The Letter)

parentletter.jpg

Another day, another story about PALI Charter (you can catch up on our PALI Charter stories here, here andhere). This letter comes from a parent who writes:


"Victim or Villain?

As a parent whose children went and go to Palisades Charter High School, I have been trying to understand what caused the turmoil that the school has been going through during the last several months. I have visited almost all the board meetings since the beginning of the school year. Even though I do not belong in the loud group of parents who attend board meetings to show how bad their manners are, I sometimes have to control myself in order not to shout out: why you all can't see what is happening right in front of you?

My information is limited, since I don't have any other sources except the official presentations, village newspaper, and summaries that the school posts online. Yet I have a feeling that we are all being duped by a very talented con artist that bluffs and cries to manipulate sympathetic parents and others at the school to project an impression of a victim who deserves compassion and support.

The Executive Director of the school, Amy Dresser-Held, who, as I understand was promoted by her