Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Educated Reporter: An Introduction Complete With Easter Eggs

The Educated Reporter: An Introduction Complete With Easter Eggs

An Introduction Complete With Easter Eggs

The Educated Reporter herself is a bit busy on a time-consuming project this week that will surely make the rest of us all the more educated. In the meantime, I will occupy the TER chair for the week. Who am I? I am an educated (at times, miseducated, perhaps) reporter from the smaller world of Baton Rouge, the state capital of the great independent state of Louisiana. I cover schools in this medium-sized city and have been doing so for the past nine years. I will be gathering into my virtual net various flotsam and jetsam drawn from my own work and from the greater education world at large. Enjoy.

First up, I had the good fortune last week to interview the lively, talkative and entertaining six-year-old Sunna Jones about her upcoming trip to the White House's annual Easter Egg Roll being held April 5, the day after Easter. It was a short feature with a picture. Here it is if you're interested: http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/89313547.html?showAll=y&c=y. Not being a D.C. native, I had never heard of this event until Sunna's mother, Erin, called