Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, October 30, 2009

Sacramento Press / Sacramento Press: Enabling the Community to Offer Food for Thought


Sacramento Press / Sacramento Press: Enabling the Community to Offer Food for Thought:

"Recently I read an article by Mayor Kevin Johnson, 'It's all about accountability,' in which Johnson writes, 'I love accountability ... and I find it curious when elected officials and the media decide the moment has arrived to wrap their arms around the fundamentals of accountability for the time being. They demand accountability for everyone but themselves. They choose which rules they follow .... Let's talk about accountability. It's a subject I understand ... I demand accountability for myself, my staff and every employee in the city of Sacramento.'


Surely we can see how community members can be frustrated when many feel the mayor hasn't been held accountable with mismanagement of St. Hope, with allegations of a relationship with minors, with the $25,000 loan to SAG which was forgiven and became a gift in the midst of controversy and other concerns."