Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 28, 2023

RAINBOWLAND BANNED, KIDS ARE FORBIDDEN TO SING A SONG THAT IMAGINES A WORLD WHERE EVERYONE IS ACCEPTED FOR WHO THEY ARE

RAINBOWLAND BANNED, KIDS ARE FORBIDDEN TO SING A SONG THAT IMAGINES A WORLD WHERE EVERYONE IS ACCEPTED FOR WHO THEY ARE

In a recent turn of events, a teacher named Melissa Tempel has been placed on leave for blasting her school's decision to ban kids from singing "Rainbowland". While some may see this as a serious issue, we can't help but find the humor in it all.

First of all, what kind of school bans the singing of "Rainbowland"? Are they afraid that the song's message of unity and acceptance will corrupt the minds of their young students? Or maybe they just hate rainbows? We may never know.

But what we do know is that Melissa Tempel is not taking this lying down. In fact, she's been quite vocal about her disagreement with the ban. And  we admire her passion for music education.

According to reports, parents have told Melissa that their children cry every day hoping she will return. Now, we don't want to make light of anyone's emotions, but we can't help but imagine a group of kids huddled together in a dark corner, clutching their Rainbowland songbooks and singing softly to themselves. It's both hilarious and heartwarming at the same time.

But let's get back to Melissa. We have to give her credit for standing up for what she believes in. It takes a lot of courage to speak out against your employer, especially when your job is on the line. And while we don't condone breaking the rules, we can't help but root for Melissa and her love of music.

So what's next for Melissa? Will she be reinstated and allowed to lead her students in a rousing rendition of "Rainbowland"? Or will she be forced to find a new job and start over? Only time will tell.

In the meantime, we'll be over here singing "Rainbowland" at the top of our lungs. Because if there's one thing this world needs more of, it's rainbows and acceptance. And maybe a little bit of humor too.

A teacher blasted her school for banning kids from singing "Rainbowland." She's likely getting fired - LGBTQ Nation https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/05/a-teacher-blasted-her-school-for-banning-kids-from-singing-rainbowland-shes-likely-getting-fired/ 

Lyrics

"Hey Miley

It's me, I'm in Nashville

I'm on my way to Dollywood, busy as you are

Can't get enough stuff to do, can't

But anyway, I'm excited about singing with you

So I'm just gonna turn my, CD player on with you singing

I'm gon' put this on a cassette

Sing along with it, and then I'll run you off a CD later

Oh, I'm so high tech

I got a flip phone, too

But anyhow, see what you think

And um, here I go"

Come on

Living in a Rainbowland

Where everything goes as planned

And I smile

'Cause I know if we try, we could really make a difference in this world

I won't give up, I'll sleep a wink

It's the only thought I think, you know where I stand

I believe we can start living in a Rainbowland

Living in a Rainbowland

Where you and I go hand in hand

Oh, I'd be lying if I said this was fine

All the hurt and the hate going on here

We are rainbows, me and you

Every color, every hue

Let's shine on through

Together, we can start living in a Rainbowland

Living in a Rainbowland

The skies are blue and things are grand

Wouldn't it be nice to live in paradise

Where we're free to be exactly who we are

Let's all dig down deep inside

Brush the judgment and fear aside

Make wrong things right

And end the fight

'Cause I promise ain't nobody gonna win (come on)

Living in a Rainbowland

Where you and I go hand in hand

Oh, I'd be lying if I said this was fine

All the hurt and the hate going on here

We are rainbows, me and you

Every color, every hue

Let's shine on through

Together, we can start living in a Rainbowland

Living in a Rainbowland

Where you and I go hand in hand together (let's do it together)

Chase dreams forever

I know there's gonna be a greener land

We are rainbows, me and you

Every color, every hue

Let's shine on

Together, we can start living in a Rainbowland

"Hey Miley

Look, I know it sounds scrambled when I'm singing it with you

Wish I could do a little better

At least, I might not get it all the way through

'Cause I'm not sure of the structure without you

But I think this could work well, don't you?

If not, like I said

I'll write that love song for you

You probably wrote it about some boy you loved, didn't ya?

Well"

Source: LyricFind