Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 15, 2021

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 #REOPENSCHOOLSSAFELY #openonlywhensafe

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

The latest news and resources in education since 2007

THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2021/03/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_13.html


“Eight Ways to Teach With Primary Sources”
Eight Ways to Teach With Primary Sources is the headline of my latest Education Week column. Four educators share ways they use primary sources with students, including a strategy called “Zoom.” Here are some excerpts:
I Still Can’t Believe We Have To Make Standardized Test Plans The Same Time We’re Planning A Return To The Physical Classroom
geralt / Pixabay I’ve already shared many resources explaining why the decision to require standardized testing this year makes very little sense (see Why Is The Biden Administration Decision To Have Standardized Tests This Year An Extremely Unwise One? Let Me Count The Ways ). I laid out my perspective simply in a Twitter thread I thought readers here might find useful: Will teachers in the fall
Reflections From My Students On What They’ve Lost & Learned, & What They Need
sasint / Pixabay Last month, I published Neema Avashia’s guest post at my Ed Week column, Students Respond to Adults’ Fixation on ‘Learning Loss.’ It was a great post, and I shared more related commentaries at Trying To Bring Research, Sanity, Teacher Expertise & Student Voice To The “Learning Loss” Discussion. I took the questions that Neema asked her students, made some very minor modifications
My Favorite Student Comment On An Anonymous Class Evaluation
Yesterday, I shared HOW MY THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE STUDENTS EVALUATED OUR CLASS – AND ME! Though I listed many student comments, I should have highlighted my favorite one that was written in response to asking students to give my teaching a grade: “A-, Could be an A+ if he were more organized because sometimes class is a bit of a mess” Truer words have never been spoken about a year of full-time dist
How My Theory Of Knowledge Students Evaluated Our Class – And Me!
As regular readers know, I usually have students in my class do anonymous class evaluations three or so times each year (I don’t just wait until the end because then it’s too late to make any adjustments, at least for that class). You can find many related previous posts at Best Posts On Students Evaluating Classes (And Teachers) , and you can see how my ELL History students evaluated me at a pos
Ed Tech Digest
Ten years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this we
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2020. Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners. In additi

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007