Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 20, 2021

THIS WEEK'S WILDNESS Dad Gone Wild Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it

 Dad Gone Wild – Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it.


THIS WEEK'S WILDNESS 
Dad Gone Wild 
Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it.


WHAT YOU SEE, AIN’T ALWAYS WHAT YOU GET
“Sometimes I aint so sho who’s got ere a right to say when a man is crazy and when he aint. Sometimes I think it aint none of us pure crazy and aint none of us pure sane until the balance of us talks him that-a-way. It’s like it aint so much what a fellow does, but it’s the way the majority of folks is looking at him when he does it.” ― William Faulkner, As I Lay Dying Recently I’ve spent a lot m
IT IS NOT THE WORDS, IT IS HOW YOU SAY THEM
“Sex and excretion are reminders that anyone’s claim to round-the-clock dignity is tenuous. The so-called rational animal has a desperate drive to pair up and moan and writhe.” ― Steven Pinker I’ve just returned from taking the dog on her morning walk. Every morning about this time, we traverse through the neighborhood out to the main road and back. This morning, as expected, was another treacher
THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO CONSIDER
“It’s not enough to conquer the opposition. In a nonviolent struggle, we are committed to fight on until we win our adversaries as friends.” ― William J. Barber II, The Third Reconstruction: Moral Mondays, Fusion Politics, and the Rise of a New Justice Movement A few weeks ago, in the comment section on one of my blog posts, an observation was made about my tendency towards tilting at windmills.
NYQUIL AND TYLENOL
“The point is that, whenever we propose a solution to a problem, we ought to try as hard as we can to overthrow our solution, rather than defend it. Few of us, unfortunately, practice this precept; but other people, fortunately, will supply the criticism for us if we fail to supply it ourselves.” ― Karl Popper, The Logic of Scientific Discovery Nearly a decade ago, upon founding my think tank and
WHY QUIBBLE?
“I was naive and thought we could express our feelings to each other- not suppress them and keep holding them back. Well, it was what I felt, and why should I be untrue to myself? I came to believe the importance that if you feel something strong enough then you should say it.” ― George Harrison, I, Me, Mine On Monday, I listened to Tennessee’s Governor Bill Lee give his State Of The State Speech
DOWN AT THE FACULTY LOUNGE
“Id Faciam What I hate I love. Ask the crucified hand that holds the nail that now is driven into itself, why.” ― Catullus The phone rang this morning, It was my pal Slatsky, “Come on down to the Faculty Lounge and grab lunch with

 Dad Gone Wild – Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it.