Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 15, 2021

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

A Lot Is Going On! Here’s Everything (Well, ALMOST Everything) You Need For Teaching About Martin Luther King Jr., The Inauguration, Impeachment & Insurrection
mohamed_hassan / Pixabay What a crazy time we live in! You might be interested in: WAYS TO TEACH ABOUT TODAY’S INSURRECTION – SHARE YOUR OWN (it has tons of additions since it was first posted) THE BEST SITES FOR LEARNING ABOUT THE PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION – 2020 THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING & TEACHING ABOUT THE POSSIBLE SECOND IMPEACHMENT OF PRESIDENT TRUMP The Best Websites For Learning Abo
Video: “How to Master Anything: PEAK by Anders Ericsson”
johnhain / Pixabay I’m adding this video to The Best Resources For Learning About The 10,000 Hour Rule & Deliberate Practice :
Most Popular Posts Of The Week
I’m making a change in the content of the regular feature. In addition to sharing the top five posts that have received the most “hits” in the preceding seven days (though they may have originally been published on an earlier date), I will also include the top five posts that have actually appeared in the past week. Often, these are different posts. You might also be interested in IT’S THE THIRTE
Friday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
kalhh / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : This tweet shares what is obviously the biggest news: Joe Biden is proposing $130 billion for K-12 education ($2.6K per student) plus $350 for state and local budgets that could also trickle down to schools. pic.twitter.com/exlqv8TNuz — Matt Barnum (@matt_barnum) January 14, 2021 Biden, a
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On Culturally Responsive Teaching In Science
How to Apply Culturally Responsive Teaching in Science Classrooms is the topic of my latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show. I’m joined by Tara Dale and Autumn Kelley, who have also contributed written commentaries to my Education Week column. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions .
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2020. Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners. In additi
Ed Tech Digest
Nine years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this w
“Tackling the ‘Taboo’ of Talking About Race & Privilege”
Tackling the “Taboo” of Talking About Race & Privilege is the headline of my latest Education Week column. Four educators share suggestions for books and articles white educators can read to learn more about race and racism. Here are some excerpts:

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007