Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Education Matters: I will be voting no on the new contract and if you are a teacher in DCPS so should you

Education Matters: I will be voting no on the new contract and if you are a teacher in DCPS so should you
I will be voting no on the new contract and if you are a teacher in DCPS so should you




You know a contract offer is bad when even people voting for it admit it. Over and over again, I have heard, yeah, it's not good, but what are we going to do. I will tell you what you should do, say no. Say no to the disrespect, say no to the shoddy offer, that robs Peter to pay Paul, say no to the threats, just say no.

First, friends, nobody should be voting on anything until after the Georgia elections. If the Democrats control the senate, help will be coming. Why the rush to lock us in now? Because it saves the district money, money they don't want to spend on staff.

I have heard over and over budget cuts are coming. Um, I have been writing about those budget cuts since April. Maybe now isn't the time to get concerned about them. Where is the super and board informing the public and rallying them against the cuts? Where is the press conference, the editorials, the town halls, and CONTINUE READING: Education Matters: I will be voting no on the new contract and if you are a teacher in DCPS so should you