Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007



“Eight Strategies for Engaging in Culturally Relevant Teaching”
Eight Strategies for Engaging in Culturally Relevant Teaching is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Mariana Souto-Manning answers questions about her book, “No More Culturally Irrelevant Teaching,” in the final post of a two-part series. Here are some excerpts:
New PBS NewsHour Video Segment: “Childhood trauma impacts millions of Americans, and it’s having devastating consequences”
jarmoluk / Pixabay Here’s how the PBS NewsHour introduces tonight’s video: Childhood trauma impacts millions of Americans, and its consequences can be devastating. Those experiencing high levels of trauma can see dramatically lower life expectancies, and the CDC estimates it accounts for billions of dollars in healthcare costs and lost productivity. Special correspondent Cat Wise reports as part
SEL Weekly Update
I’ve recently begun this weekly post where I’ll be sharing resources I’m adding to The Best Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources or other related “Best” lists. You might also be interested in THE BEST SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART TWO. Finally, check out “Best” Lists Of The Week: Social Emotional Learning Resources . Here are this week’s picks: Connecting SEL to Academic
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE and THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART TWO. A
Ed Tech Digest
Nine years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this w
A Beginning List Of Resources For Teaching About Racist Mascots
GDJ / Pixabay I have had these resources included in another list, New & Revised: The Best Resources I’ve Used In Lessons About Race & Racism , and had been meaning to start its own one. The Cleveland Indians decision to