Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 16, 2020

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/11/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_14.html


“22 Strategies for Encouraging Students’ Intrinsic Motivation to Read”
22 Strategies for Encouraging Students’ Intrinsic Motivation to Read is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Four educators share strategies for encouraging students to WANT to read, including by illustrating that it makes them smarter and that it makes them better writers. Here are some excerpts:
Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists
(Note: I am going to publish this same post once each month to remind regular readers and inform newer ones about how to access my “Best” lists) As regular readers know, I have about 2,200 categorized and regularly updated “Best” lists. You can find all of them in broad categories here . The link to that page can also be found at the top right of my blog: My Best Of Series I also have them all on
A Look Back: Video: Watch…Me Get Interviewed On CNN About School Reopening In The Fall
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . I’m starting with posts from earlier this year. (Giselle Lundy-Ponce from the AFT was kind enough to send me some screenshots, so I replaced the original image on this post with one) CNN’s Brooke Baldwin interviewed me live on CNN toda
This Week’s “Round-Up” Of Useful Posts & Articles On Ed Policy Issues
Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in THE BEST ARTICLES, VIDEOS & POSTS ON EDUCATION POLICY IN 2019 – PART TWO ): Lucy Calkins Says Balanced Literacy Needs ‘Rebalancing’ is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Balanced Literacy & The “Reading Wars” Prop 15 failed here in California, which was ve
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE and THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART TWO. A
Useful Teaching Video: “U.S. Presidential Election Results (1789-2020)”
AnnaliseArt / Pixabay I’m adding this new video to: THE BEST RESOURCES FOR TEACHING ABOUT THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION The Best Sites To Learn About U.S. Presidents
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On “Using Education Data: What Works, What Doesn’t”
Using Education Data: What Works, What Doesn’t is the topic of my latest ten-minute BAM! Radio show. I’m joined by Cindy Garcia, Lauren Nifong and Deedy Camarena, who have all contributed written commentaries to my Education Week Teacher column. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Show