Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 20, 2020

Waiting For a Teaching Assignment This Year is Like Anticipating a Death Sentence | gadflyonthewallblog

Waiting For a Teaching Assignment This Year is Like Anticipating a Death Sentence | gadflyonthewallblog

Waiting For a Teaching Assignment This Year is Like Anticipating a Death Sentence



Going to the mailbox each time, my heart flutters.
I open the lid and see a stack of letters. My heart sinks.
Is today the day?
Has my teaching assignment finally arrived?
It’s not that I’m so anxious to find out what grade I’ll be teaching this year or whether I have lunch duty or have to monitor in-school suspension.
It’s whether I get to live or die.
As the summer whittles down, my district has yet to release its reopening plan. Meanwhile, no communication from administrators or school directors, no public CONTINUE READING: Waiting For a Teaching Assignment This Year is Like Anticipating a Death Sentence | gadflyonthewallblog