Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Annie Tan: My First-Year Disaster with Teach for America | deutsch29

Annie Tan: My First-Year Disaster with Teach for America | deutsch29

Annie Tan: My First-Year Disaster with Teach for America


On May 26, 2020, a tweet by NYC teacher Annie Tan caught my attention:
I first heard of Teach for America (TFA) in 1991. I was finishing my undergraduate degree in education, and a friend who was not an education major told me that upon graduation, he would be teaching for a couple of years via provisional certification in a city with teacher shortages, in connection with an organization called Teach for America.
At the time, in 1991, I thought, that sounds okay.
Cut to 2013, the year in which I wrote my first book, A Chronicle of Echoes, which CONTINUE READING: Annie Tan: My First-Year Disaster with Teach for America | deutsch29
I’m Teaching From Home and Don’t Know How Long We Can Keep This Up | The New Republic - https://newrepublic.com/article/157601/im-teaching-home-dont-know-long-can-keep on @newrepublic